Types Of Software For Small Businesses
It goes without saying that small businesses should give to attention to their software solutions. There are many solutions in the market that can enhance performance and improve profitability.
Accounting: Companies need to perform various bookkeeping and accounting operations to deal with a variety of mundane tasks. Instead of relying on a thick book and pen, it would be better to have a software to help us with accounting tasks. It is imperative for any small business to keep track of their finances without any error and efficiently. With proper bookkeeping and accounting system, it should be easy for us to pull expenses and tax data quickly. In this case, a well-rated software should be the way to go.
There are various accounting software that should be useful for small business
- AccountEdge Pro: It is an easy to use and fully featured accounting software that’s a good choice for any multi-user environment. However, users may find it rather tricky to import data from other accounting programs.
- Intuit QuickBook: It should be a good choice for any newbies in accounting. QuickBook is easy to set up and it comes with a convenient calendar view. It also offers the ability to share custom reports. However, QuickBook has limited user support and lacks proper inventory features compared to other software.
Inventory: Any small business would benefit from proper inventory software.
- Pos Maid: Pos Maid offers an automatic stock report generation feature and it should be simple to build an inventory database.
- inFlow Inventory: It comes with an excellent feature to link inventory database with purchase and sales record. The whole system is easy to use. However, some users may find that creating custom documents is rather difficult to do.
Ecommerce software: Many businesses operate in a B2B or B2C environment. It means, users may need to consider investing in applications that allow us to sell our online offerings and conduct proper business. As an example, even by adding the simplest shopping cart functionality in our website may significantly enhance convenience during online transaction. There are multiple ecommerce software available in the market and we should consider all the pros and cons. We should also consider leasing or buying software. We could also choose proper open source applications that are backed by a solid developer community. Here are ecommerce software that we could integrate in our website:
- Magento: It is a market leader in ecommerce implementation. It is free to use, highly scalable and comes with built-in SEO features. However, as our online store grows, we should have a more careful and efficient management procedure.
- osCommerce: osCOmmerce is free and easy to install. It includes a simplified product management and top notch front-end capability. Unfortunately, some users may find osCommerce’s back-end as frustrating and less customizable than other solutions in the market.
- Zen Cart: Zen Cart is another free ecommerce solution and it includes a number of templates, free and paid. Unfortunately, integrating add-ons may not be so easy and its reporting features are somewhat basic.